Sign in to follow this  
Glamlover

What are simple dresses to wear to a wedding?

I am going to a wedding. It's not going to be a fancy event, that's why I need a simple dress. I don't want to look like a red carpet queen. Please advice me what are best simple dresses I can wear to a wedding.

• Upvote 1

The simplest wedding guest dresses I know are the following: sheath, shift, pencil and midis. You can choose whatever color you like, except white and champaigne and the ones that are worn by bridesmaid.

• Upvote 1

Everything depends what season the upcoming wedding will be. If you are about to attend a winter wedding, then your goal is to buy a festive frock in jewel tone. It can be green, sapphire, ruby, or deep blue. The dress style has to be either short or midi. During Summer formal weddings I recommend to try on an elegant floor-length chiffon design. Compliment your outfit with heels. Choose soft fabrics in light shades. If the wedding is going to be during Fall season and the event is casual, then the best way is to try on laid-back frock in clean-cut. Bright colours are okay, just avoid bridesmaid hues. For a cocktail style wedding you can try on LBD or gold sequined dress. Keep things flirty, but don't make yourself look too sexy. I personally like simple dresses with soft double layers.

Edited by Jessica Patterson
  • Upvote 1