StyleDiscussions.com
Sign in to follow this  
<==Agnes==>

is it rude to wear red to a wedding?

Well, there is nothing wrong with wearing a red dress to a wedding. The only thing is that red really draws the eyes. If you want to wear bright red clothing to a wedding, then you better avoid it. Most ladies choose pastel hues, that's why you gonna see like a a shark among them. It will stand out and you gonna be in every wedding image. I don't recommend to steal the show. If it's fire engine red color, then you better forget it. If the dress or clothes are in light red or muted red color and it's not too loud, then you can try it. All in all, everything depends what it looks like.

• Upvote 2

If this red gown will draw away the attention from the bride, then it's NO NO! I went to a wedding last Saturday and one of guests was wearing bright red maxi gown embellished with sequins...well, it was AWFUL!

Frankly speaking I don't see why women can't wear red to weddings. Sure, there are very bright shades that can be attention-grabbing and it can be very rude in respect to bride. But I think there is nothing wrong if a guest appears on a wedding wearing a dark red or pastel red dress. Anyway, you better play it safe and leave red outfit at home. There are some weddings where red is highly inappropriate to wear.